Michelle Hua is a public speaker, writer, Founder & CEO of Made With Glove Ltd, a UK wearable tech start-up designing fashionable heated gloves for women based in Manchester. She is also the co-founder of Women of Wearables, an organisation that supports, inspires and connects women in wearable tech, fashion tech, the IoT and AR/VR through events and wearable tech workshops in Manchester and London.
In 2014 Michelle led Made with Glove to being in the Top 150 Most Influential Brands in Wearable Tech and in 2015, received the highly commended blogger award at the UK Blog Awards in London for her Wearable Tech Fashion blog series. In 2016 Michelle was the recipient of the UK TechNation Exceptional Talent Visa for her significant entrepreneurial contributions in the digital technology sector and her work in promoting, mentoring and supporting Women in Tech.
Michelle worked as a commercial solicitor in private practice, in- house and the Western Australian Government in Australia and New Zealand for 8 years prior to starting her wearable technology company. Michelle holds Bachelor degrees in Commerce (Curtin University) and Laws (Murdoch University) from Perth, Western Australia.
Linkedin: Michelle Hua
- Northern Power Women – Future Fifty 2017 Awards
- Exceptional Talent endorsement in Digital Technology by TechCity UK London 2016
- Highly Commended Digital & Technology Blog by UK Blog Awards 2016
- Shortlisted Pitch@Palace on tour Manchester 2015
- Nominated The One to Watch in 2016 Talent Unleashed Awards 2015
- Top 49 “One to Watch” Greater Manchester Business Week Manchester
- Winner Innovation voucher Innovate UK
- Finalist Best Use of Technology by a Start-Up Start Smart Awards Business Growth Hub Manchester
- Finalist Innovate UK Wearable Technologies competition
- Top 150 Most Influential Brands in Wearable Tech worldwide – Made with Glove
- Finalist Top 10 Digital Marketing Award The Pitch UK
- Runner Up The Pitch Top 100 UK
- Nominated Start up Entrepreneur of the Year 2014 Great British Entrepreneur Award
- Runner Up Marketest market research online competition London
- Winner Happy Hands Numbers that Matter Wearable Technology Hackathon Lancaster University
Areas of expertise
- Deliver workshops on how to create your own wearables – wearable tech workshops aged 13+ and women
- Wearable technology and fashion
- Women in technology and business
- Start ups
- Win that pitch – Enhancing pitching and presentation skills
- The UK Tech Nation exceptional talent visa – how to apply and succeed
- How to write blogs and create content for your website
- How to find funding streams for your business – the pros and cons
We respect your privacy.