Michelle Hua is a public speaker, writer, Founder & CEO of Made With Glove Ltd, a UK wearable tech start-up designing fashionable heated gloves for women based in Manchester. She is also the Ambassador for the UK Tech Nation Visa and Manchester Ambassador for Women of Wearables, an organisation that supports, inspires and connects women in wearable tech, fashion tech, the IoT and AR/VR.
In 2014 Michelle led Made with Glove to being in the Top 150 Most Influential Brands in Wearable Tech and in 2015, received the highly commended blogger award at the UK Blog Awards in London for her Wearable Tech Fashion blog series. In 2016 Michelle was the recipient of the UK TechNation Exceptional Talent Visa for her significant entrepreneurial contributions in the digital technology sector and her work in promoting, mentoring and supporting Women in Tech.
Michelle delivers practical workshops on how to make your own wearable tech projects and delivers innovative wearable tech workshops to universities throughout the UK.
Michelle worked as a commercial solicitor in private practice, in- house and the Western Australian Government in Australia and New Zealand for 8 years prior to starting her wearable technology company. Michelle holds Bachelor degrees in Commerce (Curtin University) and Laws (Murdoch University) from Perth, Western Australia.
Linkedin: Michelle Hua
- Finalist Most Inspiring Company MadeWithGlove – 2017 Inspiration Awards London
- Northern Power Women – Future Fifty 2017 Awards
- #TechNationVisa – Exceptional Talent Visa in Digital Technology by TechCity UK London 2016
- Highly Commended Digital & Technology Blog by UK Blog Awards 2016
- Shortlisted Pitch@Palace on tour Manchester 2015
- Nominated The One to Watch in 2016 Talent Unleashed Awards 2015
- Top 49 “One to Watch” Greater Manchester Business Week Manchester
- Winner Innovation voucher Innovate UK 2016
- Finalist Best Use of Technology by a Start-Up Start Smart Awards Business Growth Hub Manchester 2016
- Finalist Innovate UK Wearable Technologies competition 2015
- Top 150 Most Influential Brands in Wearable Tech worldwide – Made with Glove 2015
- Finalist Top 10 Digital Marketing Award The Pitch UK 2015
- Runner Up The Pitch Top 100 UK 2015
- Nominated Start up Entrepreneur of the Year 2014 Great British Entrepreneur Award
- Runner Up Marketest market research online competition London 2014
- Winner Happy Hands Numbers that Matter Wearable Technology Hackathon Lancaster University 2014
Areas of expertise
- Wearable technology and fashion
- Women in technology and business
- Start ups & entrepreneurship
- Deliver practical workshops on how to create your own wearables
- Deliver innovation workshops to university students
- Deliver lectures on entrepreneurship
- Deliver workshops on How To Win that pitch – Enhancing pitching and presentation skills
- Guidance for the UK Tech Nation exceptional talent visa – how to apply and succeed
- Deliver workshops on How to write blogs and create content for your website